Over the past few years, criminals have begun targeting real estate transactions as opportunities for fraudulent activities. These resources will help explain the problem and educate you to lead a discussion regarding this topic.
- Timeliness: Urgent! Every office should be given this presentation.
- Expiration: 12/31/17, unless updated
- Criminals are hacking into the emails of real estate agents, title companies, and other parties involved in real estate transactions.
- The scammer sends wiring instruction changes to the customer that appears to come from a legitimate source.
- Consumers are losing their life savings.
- This scam is on the rise.
- We must all educate ourselves and do all we can to protect our customers.
(This video succinctly introduces the topic to kick off a presentation.)